Supreme Rumi -- Ohio, USA
Lucky Frog Blog (currently on a blog hiatus)
Ten Things About You:
1. Tell us a little about your neck of the woods -- how long you've lived there, something unique or interesting, a favorite place to visit? If readers visit what is something they absolutely should not miss?
For the last 23 years I have lived in Central Ohio. In a lot of ways this is an ideal place to live. Columbus is a large city with plenty of shopping, restaurants, live theater, the ballet, symphony, museums, professional hockey team as well as a AAA baseball team. If city hustle and bustle is not your thing there are many charming gardens and parks to picnic in, quaint teashops to sip tea in, fabulous hills to hike. The Columbus Zoo is one of the finest zoos in the nation and your feet will get weary long before you have seen all the zoo has to offer. A short drive from Columbus puts you in Amish country which gives you a glimpse of life as it was over 100 years ago.
Are there things about my neck of the woods that I don’t like? Well sure, but that would be true of any place right?
2. Do you remember a favorite article of clothing, outfit or accessory from childhood, any age, that you'll share with us?
I had a “psychedelic” dress when I was about 9 years old in the latter part of the 60’s. It was swirls of painfully bright colors and I remember wearing fishnet stockings with it. Of course, I wasn’t old enough to shave my legs then so all my leg hair poked through the fishnet. I was a kid so I didn’t care—especially since all the other girls at school looked the same.
3. Other hobbies -- weaving, roller skating, skydiving, rollercoaster riding, lion taming, stamp collecting?
4. What fabrics, prints or colors make your heart go pitter pat?
Red is my favorite color. I tend to favor brights over muted.
5. I like food -- do you have a favorite food -- either one you make or love to eat anywhere in the world?
I am not a picky eater! I love all kinds of food but guess my 2 favorites are Japanese and Mexican.
6. If you have a bucket list what is the first thing on it either as a personal goal, quilting/crafting project you want to make, or maybe a place you've always wanted to visit?
Don’t have a bucket list. At the end, I don’t want to have regrets about what I didn’t check off on some list.
7. Do you have a favorite poem, story, character, movie, or song you'd like to share with us? If so, will you tell us a little something about it?
My family thinks I’m a bit odd but my favorite movie is Muppet Christmas Carol. I watch it 2 or 3 times throughout the year.
8. Which do you prefer -- sunrise or sunset?
Sunrise. I am solar powered so by sunset I am dragging.
9. What is your favorite month and what makes it special to you?
10. Are you more of a "finish what I start" kind of gal or "variety is the spice of life" type of crafter?
Although you are my friend in real life and we get to see each other often, it was lots of fun to learn more about you.