Supreme Margaret -- Spain
Blog: A Sampler of Stitches
1. Tell us a little about your neck of the woods -- how long you've lived there, something unique or interesting, a favorite place to visit? If readers visit what is something they absolutely should not miss?
I'm originally from UK but I have been living in Spain for the past seven and a half years.
I have a beautiful view of the ocean from my windows at the front and a view of the mountains from the back.
A favourite place to take visitors who come to stay with us is Guadalest.
It is a small town of roughly 200 inhabitants set high in the mountains.
There are numerous little gift shops to enjoy and everyone who visits loves it.
2. Do you remember a favorite article of clothing, outfit or accessory from childhood, any age, that you'll share with us?
My mum started going to sewing classes when I was a young girl. She passed on her knowledge to me and I started to make all my own clothes at about age 15.
I had one particular pattern by Simplicity that was a favourite - just a sleeveless A line dress that I made over and over and over again.
I could make that dress with my eyes closed. I have been known to come home from work and make a dress to go out in that night!
3. Other hobbies -- weaving, roller skating, skydiving, rollercoaster riding, lion taming, stamp collecting?
I like knitting, crochet, cross stitch and embroidery, reading and cooking. I have a big collection of cookery books that I just love to browse.
4. What fabrics, prints or colors make your heart go pitter pat?
There are so many fabrics that I love and my taste in what I like keeps changing. I started out loving the country look of Thimbleberries fabrics but these days I just love everything especially Moda fabrics and anything by Cath Kidston.
5. I like food -- do you have a favorite food -- either one you make or love to eat anywhere in the world?
I have a big interest in food because I like to cook. I think the one food I love most is pasta.
6. If you have a bucket list what is the first thing on it either as a personal goal, quilting/crafting project you want to make, or maybe a place you've always wanted to visit?
It's only recently that I've heard the term "bucket list"
If I had the money I would love to visit China. As that particular dream seems unlikely I think a quilting goal would be to master free motion quilting.
7. Do you have a favorite poem, story, character, movie, or song you'd like to share with us? If so, will you tell us a little something about it?
I think my favourite book has been The Help by Kathryn Stockett. I have read the book, listened to the audio book and watched the movie. I love it.
8. Which do you prefer -- sunrise or sunset?
Sunrise. I am very much a morning person.
9. What is your favorite month and what makes it special to you?
I don't think I have a favourite month but my favourite season is spring.
10. Are you more of a "finish what I start" kind of gal or "variety is the spice of life" type of crafter?
I'm afraid I have way too many projects on the go at any one time. I enjoy so many different crafts and I just love the excitement of starting something new. Everything does get finished sooner or later!
Thank you very much Margaret for letting us get to know you better. To see more of Margaret's beautiful stitching, please visit her blog.